Summary: WaterFarmers provided technical services for this community-scale system operated by the York Region Food Network in 2012 for a client in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada. We assisted Upstream with upgrading their aeration and filtration system, as well as providing management oversight.
- Size: 200 sq m indoor growing space, 10,300 L
- Production system: Indoor system. Two vertically stacked Deep Water Cultivation (DWC) beds with fluorescent lighting.
- Production target: 2.5 tons produce/year, 0.75 tons fish/year.
- Species: Kale, swiss chard, greens, tilapia
- Dates Operational: 2012 - 2015