Aquaponics 707 at
Scadding Court Community Centre
Summary: In partnership with the Scadding Court Community Centre in downtown Toronto, this productive indoor system is a highly visible demonstration of aquaponic technology.
- Size: 37 sq m system area, 6,500 L total system volume, fully accessible
- Production system: Indoor system with fluorescent lighting. Two vertically stacked DWC beds and one media bed.
- Production target: 2.2 tons produce/year, 0.6 tons fish/year.
- Species: Tilapia, oakleaf lettuce, other greens, herbs
- Date Operational: May 2016
partners and people
- Scadding Court Community Centre
- Kevin, Herman, and Abdi, SCCC staff
See our Recent Work post for more information